Friday, February 28, 2014

A few more things.....

Here are few other things that have happened during the past couple weeks:

-I ate my first caterpillar (it was cooked and slathered in sauce, no worries)
-I visited Botswana with a few  of my co workers
-I enjoyed visiting some other MCC projects-Here is a picture of one of the schools MCC sponsors.

I also wanted to share these pictures of my favorite place to hike and have a picnic. Rainy season seems to be coming to an end, but we have had so much rain over the past several months that the Dams have been filling up and everything is so GREEN! Here is the change from before rainy season to after rainy season!


Here is also a picture of my dear friend Petronellar and I at the Goshen Butchery that sits at the Morning-side shops right between our homes, which are about a 10 minute walk from each other. We feel that it is fitting that there is a Goshen shop between us as Goshen, Indiana is the place that connects us. Although, I think we would have still met and become great friends even if we would not have had this connection!!

One thing that makes me super happy in Zimbabwe, is Pomegranates!! I love that one of my favorite fruits is grown here and I do not need to feel guilty about it being shipped halfway across the world before I eat it. I am also grateful for coworkers and friends who bring me pomegranates from the trees in their yard! 

Finally for your viewing pleasure a few pictures of one of my favorite little ones:) and myself, just in case you miss my face!
 




1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Elena! Loved the update, and seeing photos of before and after rainy season brought back memories for me. The photos of your little preschool charges and the final three photos of your faces were SO adorable! Sending smiles : ) and {{hugs}}!! Dee

    ReplyDelete